[OT] NOW music royalties RE: [OT] LIMITED-PLAY DVDS TAKE A STEP CLOSER

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [OT] NOW music royalties RE: [OT] LIMITED-PLAY DVDS TAKE A STEP CLOSER
  • From: Scott Crowther <scrowther@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:41:08 -0000

Keith - your assumpption re: Mr McCartney is correct.

the PRS money goes to the PRS who distribute to their members, and
its based on their income from other sources.

You're right all radio (and TV) broadcasts are tracked so they know who
was played and when and for how long.

The main income on royalties comes from the radio and TV play, with more
from live gigs, and a much smaller 5age from the likes of you DJing.

Scott Crowther
Intamac Systems Ltd

t: +44 (0)1604 679262
e. scrowther@xxxxxxx