IRDA-The saga continues

  • To: "UKHA" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: IRDA-The saga continues
  • From: "Stuart Whyte" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:56:47 -0000

Gents,

An update for those with IRDA digi boxes.  Aparently there is a prodcuct
called a "Red Eye" that is in Beta testing at the moment that
will plug
straight in the back of the boxes.  The guy I spoke to said he will check
what the expected completion date is, and if its a long way off, or
unknown,
will see if he can get a beta unit.  He's gong to call me back by the end
of
the week.  He has also confirmed that just grabing the IRDA signal and
shoving it on the signal line (ring) of the port wont work. (Yeah, like we
didnt already know that! ;-) )

If anyone else wants to phone them and see if they can get more the number
is
0151 477 7590.
Its the Telewest Digital Repair Center, however for the guys on NTL, I can
confirm that the boxes are identical, just badged different.

Any thoughts

Stuart