Re: Re: Sharing Outlook contacts with a laptop

wrote:
> > > Type "Net Folders" into Outlook 2K's help for a
full run-down
> > > of how it works.
> > >
> > Jon
> >
> > I found nothing but I did find Public Folders but the help system
> said
> > that this was for use with Exchange Server, is this the same
thing
> you
> > were thinking about ?

No, Public Folders are like it says, folders hosted on an Exchange server,
which everybody can view/post etc when Outlook is setup in corporate mode.

"Net Folders" is an attempt at folder sharing between separate
machines, it
keeps folders in sync be sending special emails between the two users (sent
via std SMTP & collected via POP3, Outlook just handles the specially)

My wife & a colleague tried this for a while to track a shared email
address, the problems they had under Outlook2k was that every now and then,
the machines would storm each other with email, hundredss  &
hundreds of
messages.

AFAIK, they gave up in the end.  I guess it depends on your expected
traffic for the two folders, there's was quite high.

McC