RE: Homeseer and Winamp

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Homeseer and Winamp
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 23:32:17 +0000

Hi Pedro,

I'm pretty certain that I will still have all the source for this
(somewhere!) - trouble is, I just rebuilt almost every PC in the house with
XP, so they're all clean, and I don't know where half of the stuff is!

I'm slowly getting things back into order though, although new problems
arise of course, - like Pc-Anywhere isn't compatible with XP so I can't use
that anymore at the moment, plus I need an update to NAV as well to work
with XP...

Ho-hum, and I thought technology was supposed to make life easier!

Paul G.

>From: Pedro de Oliveira <p.oliveira@xxxxxxx>
>To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Homeseer and Winamp
>Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 22:41:26 -0000
>
>Hi Paul
>
>You don't perchance have a version compiled for build 24 ;-)
>
>Thanks for the quick response anyway.
>
>Pedro

Delphi is
>really not on the cards at the moment, - too many other things to do
>first!.
>
>I've experimented with a wrapper that enables VB to be used, and I have
had
>limited success with that... (Got as far as making a plugin that loads
into
>winamp without any problems, but doesn't actually *do* anything other
than
>popup a message whenever winamp is stopped/started). When I get more
time,

>do plan to work on this a bit more...
>
>Paul G.
>

> >From: Pedro de Oliveira <p.oliveira@xxxxxxx>
> >To: "HA (ukha_d@xxxxxxx)" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
> >Subject: [ukha_d] Homeseer and Winamp
> >Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 20:38:55 -0000
> >
> >Hi all
> >Some time ago - I got sent some scripts and Vb program that should
work
> >with
> >Winamp (sorry but I can't remember who sent it).  I have been
trying to
>get
> >this thing working after having upgraded to build 24 of Homeseer
and
>Winamp
> >2.78c.
> >
> >The problem I was getting before I upgraded was that the file
>Project1.exe
> >couldn't run.  It runs fine now but when I run homeseerhelper.exe
it
>tells
> >me that Homeseer is already running and after a while I get and
error
>"429"
> >"ActiveX component can't create object"
> >
> >I don't even know if the script/program came from this list or not
but
> >since
> >some of you run Homeseer I thought some of you might have been
able to do
> >what I want in Homeseer: get the currently playing tune into
Homeseer and