RE: Strangely ON Topic Homeseer/CM11 Question..

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Strangely ON Topic Homeseer/CM11 Question..
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 10:17:43 -0000

>>I have the IIS side nailed (so I can send Girder IR commands from a
webpage
>>fine)
>Sounds interesting, - care to share?

I have a nice web front end for the house in development..

I use Snowcrash to control WinAMp, using a custom skin suited for TV
Display
(I posted about this)
the latest thing is a source switcher page, which sends the appropriate IR
codes via a UIRT and Girder to the "Ian Bird"(tm) Transmitter in
Node Zero.

I have Girder Multicommand's set up to do stuff like " Switch AV Box
to Sky,
Send 4, 5, 4".
In Girder, each command has an event string assoicated with it. (for
instance, the command to set Sky One has the eventstring 2520041554F5)

You can run this is a one click app by passing "-eventstring
2520041554F5"
to the Girder app as a parameter.

Which means of course that a little .asp can quite happily run the command
when you click the button. I am planning to rob the digiguide and Sky
sights
for some nice channel icons..

Of course, if I can execute X-10 commands in the same way, then i can have
complex macros set up in Girder. (combinations of X-10 and IR)

so that (for instance) I can turn on the kitchen speakers and TV, pause a
second or so, then squirt the "Select SCART" IR Code at it.. ;)

>Cannot the HS.EXE itself take command line arguments, so that it can be
used
>in precisely this way?

Thats ideal, I'll have a look into it.

>VB script can open a COM session with Homeseer, so instead of a command
line
>tool, run a script under WSH...

sound of whooshing code type stuff flying *far* over ian's head.... :)

I'll, er, get my code monkey to have a go at that :D

Thanks!

Ian.