RE: Capturing the delivery man WAS Rio has arrived

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Capturing the delivery man WAS Rio has arrived
  • From: "Michael Mc Aree" <michael.mcaree@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 15:28:32 -0000

Title: Message

-----Original Message-----
From: Stainton-James, Mark (London) [mailto:stainmar@xxxxxxx]

How do you find the processor performance with Web-Cam-Control center ?

Not so bad. I run the two camera from two different PCs (Both PII 233 or something like that) The server runs Windows 2000 server, WebCamControlCenter, HomeSeer, my weatherstation etc while the other PC runs XP with Office XP etc running. I tried most of the capture programs and found that they are all memory hungry. I found WCC to be *ok* most of the time. The big problem is trying to get that *sweet spot* where you only capture images that are relevant.

 >  PS Very nice site

Thanks, Still evolving but I need to integrate my Weatherstation data into HomeSeer and then display it on the web. This site will be used  by my FujiPad :-) I will also show latest phone calls etc on site as well as the number of times the doorbell has been pressed.

I should be there fairly soon with my site if SWMBO gives me some time to work on it :-)

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
[]