Re: DIY PC

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: DIY PC
  • From: "musashi1977uk" <musashi1977uk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 15:39:43 -0000

I'll have to have words with Andy when i see him this weekend. I
guess it all depends on whether you want to overclock or not, but he
actually recomended the KR7 Raid Board because it is not a
particularly good board for overclocking, but it is rock-steady
running stock. Hence my arguement for using DDR 2100 as compared to
DDR 2700 on a KR7 Raid. Although I did see the board that Andy got
his latest record on, which was a KR7A Raid board, with some fairly
serious voltage mods on it. IMHO the EPOX boards
are the best for overclocking but MOBO's are personal, I run my axia
on an A7V133, which doesnt get  brilliant press, but personally I
cant fault it

Simon Rafferty
--- In ukha_d@y..., "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@i...>
wrote:
> Funny that, because it was Andy who recommended I buy the 1500 and
the
> 2700 as it will perform better running at 1.66 than the 2000.
>
> Tim.

Corsair
> and the Crucial was not really justified in the price difference.
yes