RE: Sharing Outlook contacts with a laptop

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Sharing Outlook contacts with a laptop
  • From: "Doogie Brodie" <doogiebrodie@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:28:06 -0000

> There must be a easy way to do this,
>
> I want to share contacts on outlook, which are on my desktop
> pc with a laptop, and I want to be able to update a contact
> on the laptop when it is not connected to a network and when
> it returned to the network it will update the desktop pc.
> Just like using the ipaq and active sync.

Easiest way I've found around this is syncing the iPAQ with both
machines, then all 3 have the same contact list.... :S I used to use a
service from FusionOne (wrap www. .com round it for their website but
they weren't taking new users last time I looked :( ) which uploaded
your contacts to their central database <eek!> and did the sync with
their client software.... However after a while, they started
restricting services unless you paid for certain things etc, so when I
got the iPAQ I just used that as the gateway device.....

Doogie