Re: Fujitsu Tablets and New OS

> > But I'm not so sure that Win2k, XP, or NT4 would be wise -
> > these things only have 32Mb RAM. Unless you upgrade to the max.
56Mb.

> ...given the spec I would have thought that you'd be looking at either
> an install of Linux or an install of Win98SE.
>
> Win2k and XP won't even install on a 100MHz processor - neither will
> M.E. (Just in case you were sick enough to consider M.E.)

I have win2k on a P200 and it's incredibly slow.  I can't see any way it'd
be usable on a 586/100.

> 98SE is pretty stable though ... And doesn't make huge demands on
> resources. Maybe we could get a clean Win98SE install and a clean
> install of Linux and just ghost on one of those?

Sounds good to me.  Could probably install drivers for the wireless cards
too, as they are all based on just two chipsets (Prism2/Hermes I think).

> > Would this be of anyuse to anyone - or something similar ? As
> > long as not everyone applies ! I'll be here forever.
>
> Well, as discussed this evening I'd hopefully be able to help out...

I'll help out anyone in Bristol/Chippenham area.

Andy
--
PC-Based Multimedia System
http://www.andylaurence.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pcbmms