RE: DIY PC

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: DIY PC
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 17:03:47 -0000

Overclockers.co.uk

Abit KRA7 (with or without raid - I use scsi so I didn't bother with it)
Athlon XP 1500+
2x 256Mb (but to be honest 1x256 will be fine unless your editing big
DVI movies) Corsair 2700 DDR Ram
Alpha cooler (the first one on the page - the YS fan will be fine) don't
forget the thermal compound!
Go for any of the Geforce based cards - driver support is second to none

Run the whole thing with a bus speed of 166MHz and it will fly faster
than anything available off the shelf.

By the time you get to put it together I'll have already done mine so
will be able to help you with the best bios settings :)

Tim.