RE: OT : 14 digit phone numbers!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT : 14 digit phone numbers!
  • From: "Mick Furlong" <hiltoneltd@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:28:07 -0000

Phil

I can see this becoming a problem with a number of alternative carriers....

It might be worth asking Fast24 if they offer carrier preselection....basically this means that any numbers in certain categories that you dial are routed over another carrier WITHOUT dialling any extra digits.

Depending on the carrier offering it you can have one CPS for national calls and /or one CPS for international calls or the same carrier for both.

Or you can go the whole hog and have an all calls option which covers local, national, international, calls to mobiles, specially tariffed calls, personal numbers and paging.

They probably dont do it and it is overkill for what you want but maybe worth a try.

Alternatively do BT offer any form of short code dialling on the network?...I seem to recall a facility where you could store numbers in BTs network and use a short code to dial it. Probably never made it to market though.

Mick