Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 4:03 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] OT: Firewall

I ran amoothwall for quite a while, nice solution but I am now using an ASUS AAM6000EV ADSL router with built in NAT and port forwarding. This gives me everything that Smoothwall did (except logging) and lets me use netmeeting behind NAT straight out of the box. This bit of kit cost me £138 including VAT >from sp;and it means I now have a spare PC (OK a backup HA PC).

There are equivelent solutions for ISDN such as 3COM's Lanmodem which offer similar features (I just happen to have one of these going spare if you wan't to make me an offer), details at http://emea.3com.com/products/lanmodems/oc_isdn_st.html

Regards
Ian