Re: Remote keyboard, video, mouse.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Remote keyboard, video, mouse.
  • From: "nikkasic" <nikola@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:10:57 -0000

Yes, that will be in place anyway. PC Anywhere or similar, but=20
sometimes you really need KVM, because server doesn't start, or PC=20
Anywhere cannot start, and carring over monitor, keyboard and mouse=20
and plugging them is a bit of a hassle. Also, I need to take server=20
out of rack to plug the things in, and rack is basically mini cabinet=20
sitting on the floor of the utility room (which is, in fact cupboart=20
with clothes). So even if I move KVM over, I have to sit on the floor=20
in the corridor to work, which is fine for a few minutes, but not for=20
a serious work.
Cheers,
Nik=20
(http://www.uk.research.att.com/)
> which in my experience had a bit of lag, or TS (terminal services,=20
dpeneding
> what os your server is running)
>=20
>=20
> HTH Steve
in=20
> > living room and use a switch to switch between server and=20
workstation
> > PC so I can share the KVM. I have Cat6 cabling across the
flat,=20
so I
> > would like to connect them using that cable. I took a look for
KVM