UIRT + Girder ( was RE: I need some Help..)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: UIRT + Girder ( was RE: I need some Help..)
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 17:53:45 -0000

Resolved, and finally doing the business..

Problems were a mix of dry joints (a flux bubble) and not quite
understanding the requirements for a 3-Wire Serial interface..  (for
reference, you need to "loop" pins 1-4 and 7-8 in a D9 plug at
the computer
end)

Fixed these guys, tested for a reliable Power Supply, and "pow"
it worked.

Now, this is a very neat toy.

It can learn the code from any IR remote (not IRDA) and play it back on
request.

as an example, I have a test command which will switch on my TV, switch to
AV-2, Switch on my AV Amp, Switch to the AV-Switch input, Select the Sky
Digibox on the AV Switch, then Send "4-5-4" to the Sky Box.

in other words, Kerrang TV from power off in one command.

This can be triggered by another IR event, or by a windows system event,
etc
etc..

I am now looking to build a Source Switch Webpage, on my IIS server which
will allow me to switch channels etc from anywhere in the house..

Thanks Quentin for starting me off on this track!

Ian.