RE: re Digital TV !!!OFF TOPIC!!!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: re Digital TV !!!OFF TOPIC!!!
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 00:14:47 -0000

It's quite a sad thing to contemplate ... That my =A3500 5 year old 4:3 TV
upstairs - when fed a good quality analogue broadcast signal - gives a
better quality image than I have yet seen on a broadcast signal into my
6 month old =A3700 16:9 set downstairs.

How many people have spend in excess of =A31,500 on the best TV set that
they can afford only to be feeding it a crap source signal?

Think DVD is the best picture source you can get? Think again ... Watch
a recording straight off BetaCam and prepare to be amazed - even what
you had previously considered good quality looks like you're watching
through a net curtain in comparison!

Another thing to think about is that as more and more digital processes
are introduced we are getting processes "fighting" against each
other
.... My mum has a 100Hz TV set that when really has problems processing
images that have come from an MPEG source - whether it's DVD or $ky.
I've noticed that TiVo's MPEG compression really struggles sometimes
when it's trying to recompress a signal from OnDigital!

Phil
=20

Channels"=20

For more information: http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20