-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Smith [mailto:wheelbarrowhandle@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 17 January 2002 14:53
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxxSubject: RE: [ukha_d] ADSL - connecting / Distributing

HI,

            Although I am one of the lucky ones in that I have cable, I get a dynamic address. However using something like no-ip.com I can run a server on it and see homeseer. Because I use M$ messenger a lot for the laptop I have used XP Pro as the firewall machine. This allows messenger to work fully, Video and Auido to any machone behind it.

I don’t now if XP’s firewall is floor less but it seems to work for me. And some of the port scanners out there tell me its working ok.

It is very simple to hook up, as long as you don’t have other servers in your network providing DNS, DHCP.

Hope this helps.

Paul