Smarte IRDA Extender

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Smarte IRDA Extender
  • From: "Clive Chapman" <clivechapman@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:05:06 -0000

Hi,

I usually just monitor this group.

Anbeyon started a thread yesterday regarding IRDA and there seemed to have
been some confusion over the functionality of  the Infra-Red extender and
our AVSTAR product.

However at the risk of being flamed for promoting our products I thought it
worth clearing up the confusion.

The Infra-Red extender (IRX) uses CAT 5 between the Transmitter (AV device)
end and Receiver (TV) ends.
The current version extends Composite Video, Stereo Audio and Power to the
Receiver at the TV end.  In addition it takes Infra-Red (IRDA compatible)
back down to the AV device being controlled.  (The PDF on the web site
needs
changing)

AVSTAR is a multi-source, multi-zone CAT5 AV distribution / switch system.
Built using the same technology as the IRX and is also IRDA compatible.
IPHOMENET are one of AVSTAR's distributors.

Would anyone requiring more information please not post into the forum but
contact us directly at clivechapman@xxxxxxx

Thanks

Clive Chapman
Smart-e (UK) Ltd.