RE: CM11 Range Problems.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: CM11 Range Problems.
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 22:41:55 -0000

Thanks Jon.

tbh, it got super-duer weird this afternoon, when I foudn the following:

Firstly, I swapped to my "spare" CM12. That improved matters a
tiny bit.

If I plug the CM12U directly into the wall socket in my office (one half of
the double socket which supplies Node Zero) then my range is in the order
of
half a metre. (it just reaches the other side of the socket)

If I plug the CM12 into a Filtered Strip plugged into that same socket, the
range *INCREASES* to about two rooms. If I plug it into my *overflow*
filtered strip (connected to socket on the original filtered strip), so I
now have *two* filters in the way, the range goes up to include most of the
house.

Unfortunately, it's "most" of the house, not all.

Four modules remain obstinately out of range.

Whats annoying me most about this is that the Mini Timers with their Wall
wart X-10 interface can trivially switch any module in the house *from any
socket* protected or not.

It's only the CM12 that has a problem... :(

anyways, I'll try the filter as soon as funds allow..

Ian.