Re: OT : Internet Service Providers...

Demon dont mind
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 2:18 PM
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] OT : Internet Service Providers...

> Right ... V21 have decided to kick me off their service - apparently I
> have broken the terms of my agreement by being online for more than 8
> hours in any 24 hour period. I've queried this with them as I have been
> online for more than 8 hours a day before and pointing out that their
> T&Cs did (and do still) say "unmetered" - whereas if they have logged
> that I am using more than 8 hours and have hence disabled my account
> then it's definitely anything but "unmetered"!

Welcome to the club ;-)  I cancelled my subscription with Free24-7 yesterday
when they decided to do the same thing to me, and I had only been online for
3 hours on Sunday evening! Could not connect 2 nights in a row as a
result...

> They do have the following very vague statement in an addendum to their
> T&Cs (Which you find by going to their "Server Status" page!):
>
> "The Acceptable Use Policy does not mention a specific time limit on
> useage and we have no intention of making a firm limit on connection
> time, merely that useage will be monitored and deviations from normal
> personal useage will be dealt with on an individual basis. As stated in
> the Acceptable Use Policy V21 reserves the right to suspend or cancel
> any account which it believes to be in breech of the agreement."

Anyone with some legal background might be able to answer this question: Do
or don't they practise false advertising when they say that you get a 24/7
internet connection and can reconnect at anytime you please after the
'standard' 4 hour cut-off?

> Anyway ... I'm expecting a call back today from one of their senior
> managers (yeah right!) and if nothing is resolved then I'll be looking
> for a replacement provider.
>
> Someone suggested another provider that they'd been using 24/7 and had
> been connected for days at a time ... Was it "Fast24" or something like
> that? Can you let me know if you have any recommendations. Cheers Guys.

I've come to the point that I just can not be bothered to go hunting for
another get rich quick ISP and am joining AOL. But ofcourse will following
this thread with great interest... :-)

Q.

--
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes!

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor