Re: DDAR - MP3 order

Gareth Cook writes:

> Now this is getting on my tits !
>
> When using the ddar, and i go to select music, by artist, and find the
> artist i want, all the music is not in the order of the album..
>
> I've ripped them using the track number as the first part of the
fiename,
> such as (01) Track Name - Artist name.
>
> I've tried editing the tags (both ID3v1 and v2) so that the title has
also
> got the number at the beginning - ie 1. Track name (it didnt before)
>
> The DDAR just doesnt show it - still only has the track names - in
> alphabetical order. Im using tag&rename - and it shows all
occurrences of
> the title does have a preceding numerical code. Or does the ddar pick
up
> the title in a different way than I'm expecting ? I have reset the
ddar and
> restarted the software - still nothing.
>
> grr...

I have mine working, though selecting by artist still presents some
problems when I have more than one album. For example if I select Queen,
then the first thing I see is 19 tracks beginning with 01!

For me the title is of the form nn - Title where nn is the two digit track
number, note that I use a hyphen and no dots in my titles, not sure if that
is relevant though. My filenames are identical, again no dots or slashes,
just the hyphen and spaces to separate track number from title.

All my tracks have MP3v1 and v2 tags with Tag&Rename being used to sync
them.

Regards

Graham