Re: DDAR Wireless

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: DDAR Wireless
  • From: "andy_powell_is" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:35:17 -0000

I'll try again, first time it didn't arrive.

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Dr John Tankard" <john@s...> wrote:

> Any comments ?

I was originally going to try this but the cost put me off..pices may
have come down now tho.

> I am a little worried about bandwidth, I have had some small
problems
> streaming wireless mp3's (High bit rate) to the ipaq with a silver
card
> in the back, quality is very good with the earpiece but MS media
player
> skips a bit. I assume its either bandwidth or that the ipaq is not
quick
> enough (or has too small a buffer)

Personally I'd guess it was the ipaq, I've been surfing and playing
mp3's (320k/s constant bit rate) on my wireless laptop (uning the
orinoco stuff) without any trouble at all. The DDAR does have a
buffer too which should help.

Bear in mind that the more wireless cards on your network the lower
the bandwidth for all. I have seen my network drop from 11mb to 2 mb
just by turning another wireless device on. tho. 2mb should still be
more than enough.

Andy