Re: Multiple telephone lines & Comfort system

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Multiple telephone lines & Comfort system
  • From: "PatrickLidstone" <patrickl@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 17:28:03 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "paulgwa" <paulgwa@y...> wrote:
> I have had ISDN for a couple of years, in my last house I had ISDN
> 2e, when I moved in May they installed Business Highway instead.
>
> For the purposes of this discussion does this make any diffence
> (apart from the obvioous inclusion of 2 analogue ports on Highway
> that is)

Business Highway doesn't include the full ISDN2e feature set, but
includes most of them. IIRC the number of MSN's is limited to
something less than 10, and some of the more esoteric options
available under ISDN2e are missing (for marketing reasons...).

I don't have first hand experience on how BH is billed, so I don't
know if they issues per-line bills.

BH allows most - if not all - of the "star services" (answering
service, call diversion, analogue CLI, distinctive ringing) to be
delivered over the analogue ports. Whilst you can implement most of
these functions yourself using ISDN2e, you're need the right terminal
equipment to do so.

In summary - for most users requirements ISDN2e = BH. If you need to
use the sexy/superuser stuff that comes with ISDN2e check (yourself,
don't rely on a BT salesdroid!) that the specific feature is
available on BH.

Patrick