RE: OT : Printers...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT : Printers...
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 20:27:09 -0000

Title: Message
Yup .... from just taking a look it seems that that is *EXACTLY* what has happened .... and for the black cart too! The plunger for the black cart is down whereas all the others are up.

I was somewhat peeved to see that although at first glance the 2200 took the same carts and heads as the 2000 when I looked at the specs they've actually changed the design slightly. (I have a couple of full sets of colour & black carts for my 2000C and at £120 a set then I don't really want to throw this printer away.) At least these carts are a fiver cheaper than the number 10's that the 2000C uses and seem to hold a tad more ink!

It's a real shame as the 2000C is a damn good (and fast) printer on the whole but it has been less reliable than the 895CXi that I had before it (and sold to my now mother in law) - I had a blue printhead fail after about 6 months, a black printhead fail after 13 months (both well within their 24,000/12,000 page lifespan). I was also really peeved at the built in obsolecence of the printheads which shut down after two years (shades of Bladerunner here).

Phil