Re: Audio Around The House

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Audio Around The House
  • From: "psghome2002" <psghome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 18:52:12 -0000

Have you looked at the Kustom multi-source / multi-zone amps -=20
www.kustom.com?

They have a great looking 6 source, 6 zone amp with a choice of wall=20
controllers. Can also mix in a paging source. Also much cheaper than=20
the living control system (don't know how it compares though).

I've been thinking about one of these for my system but one of their=20
retailers (www.worthdist.com) states it's not available outside US.=20
Will try this week to see if they can ship to UK or not.

Anyone else have experience of this amp?

Paul.

--- In ukha_d@y..., "RobertCrawshaw" <robert@g...> wrote:
> http://www.livingcontrol.com/lcprods.htm
>=20
> Have just what your looking for...its not cheap though.
>=20
> I was looking into the possibilities of having one installed myself
> There are no prices on the web site, so i emailed em... =A34000 for=20
a basic
> install !
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Robert Crawshaw                 http://www.golcarbob.com
>=20
>=20
> The release of Windows 2000 has been put back to the first quarter=20
of 1901
>=20
> we work for a company that has global reach yet can't scratch it's=20
own arse
> > > What I mean Alan is a system whereby it can be added to as
you=20
go along,
> > > without or with very little soldering or knowledge of=20
electronics. This
> > > appears to be the problem I have, for example...
> > >
> > > I would like a small LCD panel in the bathroom, hooked to
a=20
small amp
> > > that can stream music off the server when SWMBO is taking
a=20
bath. At a
> > > later date I may want to add much the same to the kitchen,
the=20
kid's
> > > room or my bedroom but not all at once IYSWIM. Personally
I=20
don't care
> > > how it's done, I just don't want to have to sit and
cobble=20
together bits
> > > and pieces to do it, the ideal thing would be a DDAR set
into=20
the wall
> > > or something like that, but one, it's not built for it
and,=20
two, it