Newbie questions about PIRs and motion detection

I am considering putting in some PIRs for motion sensing in a automation
and
security context.  I am most definitely a PIR and security thicky.

I cannot find any pet-immune wireless PIRs such as the MS13e Hawkeye and
thus may have to consider a hard-wired solution to avoid my 6 cats
triggering false detects.

I see there is a pet-immune PIR on letsautomate - how are these things
normally wired up?  Can I attach a piece of CAT5 from it back to a central
location, then connect it up to a controller (either alarm, or homevision,
or similar?).  The PIRs seem to work on DC voltage 9-16V - how is the power
normally routed to the PIR?  Does an extra power cable have to be run to
hold the power or can the power and signals be routed down the same piece
of
CAT5?  Where would the power come from to power all these PIRs (say I
installed one in each room so prob 13-15 locations)?  Is there any way that
I can trigger an X10 event when the PIR is triggered then reset?

Is it recommended to route all PIR cabling back to a central box (similar
those Krone connecting blocks that James Hoye installed mentioned a few
months back) and then connect the central controller to this using
"patch
leads".

Is installing the hard-wired PIRs a DIY job or something a bit more
serious...

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
-Dan