Audio Around The House

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Audio Around The House
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:32:24 -0000

I have been on this list for a while now and one recurring theme seems
to home audio and how to pipe it around the house in various formats,
MP3/CD mostly.

It strikes me that no-one has yet come up with a foolproof finished
system to do this! All the solutions are bits 'n' pieces cobbled
together to form a kind-of system, nay solution I have seen thus far
does not address the issues of using different source material. There
seems to be no ideal solution, certainly not an attainable one at least
on price.

What we really want (read: what *I* really want) is a reasonable cost
system with add-on modules for each room, couple of buttons for control,
IR capability and a small display to see what I'm doing. Kind of like a
DDAR in the wall sort of idea that can play locally into the room,
either to speakers from a remote amp or directly to the amp in that
room, if the room has one.

Does anyone know of such a system?

Perhaps this is a job for the Doxey Labs ;-)

This is K. From Work! I really should be working ;-)