Re: Single Board Computer

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Single Board Computer
  • From: Stuart Poulton <swp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 10:53:42 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

Has anyone considered the SV24 with a VIA C3 processor, The 800Mhz version
of this chip being £43.50 from dabs.

Chip details

http://www.via.com.tw/en/viac/c3.jsp

The manual claims that these are supported chips.

One other advantage of this board is the addition of firewire, giving you
an easy upgrade path for adding additional harddrives.

Cheers

Stuart

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Dan Khan (Work) wrote:

> They still have the SV24 shuttle system at overclockers for 200 quid:
>
> http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Full_Systems_43.html
>
> I don't quite know how much noise a SBC puts out, but the spacewalker
puts
> out quite a bit - three fans plus harddrive spin...I can only just
live with
> it in my living room!  But not a problem if it is going elsewhere.  I
have
> considered ripping one apart and using it to build a small rackmount
server
> since everything looks small enough...
> System really is tiny - not much breathing space inside.
>
> -Dan

- its got TV