Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 2:49 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] Single Board Computer

Hi all

Well I joined the list too late to get a DDAR so I am trying to come up with something that will do something similar.  What I thought is if I get a SBC with onboard LAN and sound then I can hook up some powered speakers to it and have the same thing as a DDAR (tell me if there is a serious flaw in the logic) playing mp3's from my server.

My question is anyone know what kind of power supply a SBC needs?  Is it a wallwart or what?  I am after the most unobtrusive way to do this.  Would I need a PIII or would a 486 be enough?  Anyone know of a cheep place to buy a SBC from?  What operating system do these SBC use?

Lots of question - but no answers

Thanks in advance

Pedro de Oliveira

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor