RE: ON TOPIC!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: ON TOPIC!
  • From: "Mark Harrison" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:45:24 -0000

Phil,

I think that it's unreasonable of you to demand that this be moved off
group, since it has an important HA element as follows :

As you know, in many third world countries, tobacco remains a major
earner of international currency. However, following significant UK
campaigning about "fair trade", some of the African countries
(particulary Zimbabwe) have set up small-scale clothing industries. As
part of their anti-whaling campaign, Greenpeace asked one of these firms
to produce a print-run of their logo, and a whale. The logic of using
the Zimbabwan firm was that it was felt that most Greenpeace supporters
would be happy to pay a (small) premium for fairly traded garments.

On the HA front, Linn have recently given some "reference
installations"
for their Knekt multi-room sound system, including Highgrove, the home
of HRH Price Charles.

Thus, I think it is clear to the reader, that we can see the link
between tobacco farming (substitute industry), whaling (greenpeace
T-shirts) and HA (a famous user)...

The link is, of course, "Prints of Whales"

Regards,

Mark Harrison
Head of Systems, eKingfisher