Wireless LAN question

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Wireless LAN question
  • From: "Justin" <justin@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:09:16 -0000

I am having trouble reliably connecting to my network using an Orinoco
silver PCMCIA card.
I have tried with: Win 98/XP laptop, Ipaq & CF-01. They all exhibit the
same
behaviour - most of the time I cant get a connection, sometimes if I leave
it long enough, a connection will be established, sometimes re-inserting
the
card does the trick, and occasionally it will work straight away. A power
cycle of the AP also gets things going, so I'm not sure exactly where the
problem is, particularly as I don't have another PCMCIA card to try. When
it
does work I have an excellent signal to the end of my garden!

Normally I use DHCP on my LAN but thought I might try static IP's etc for
the wireless PC's. At first that seemed to have done the trick, but alas
not.

Do any of you guys have these sorts of problems with wireless LANs? Is that
just the way it is?

Cheers,

Justin.