Re: [OT] Quick Electronics Question...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [OT] Quick Electronics Question...
  • From: Ian Oliver <ioliver.lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 11:25:21 GMT

In article <a1jnsu+sgqb@xxxxxxx>,
Andy_powell_is wrote:
> to me logic dictates that it would be QT110

Yup, that rings a bell.

> > Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire
>
> I'm also interested in the stuff you've done here...(tho. I don't
> speak Java) - have you got more info??

I'm using some PointSix modules (www.pointsix.com) to control a kitchen
fan. I have just a single push button and two relays (two speed fan)
but have done a pretty extensive framework in Java for polling for
devices generating an alarm and responding to it. The whole thing lets
you plug in the inputs and outputs very easily and a lot of the config
is done from files. I've also done loads of stuff to handle round-robin
"tasks" to make it all very multi-tasking and I've added some
error
handling/logging functions.  There is also some stuff for handling
errors on the 1-wire and doing retries/fails but this isn't extensively
tested as I don't seem to be getting any errors!

The next stage is to throw loads more wire around and get relays
driving lights and to interface to the alarm system (to check for alarm
states and to see if we're in) to get us security lighting. I then play
to interface it to heating and use data from my weather station (which
also remains unbuilt!) to be smart about how hot to get various parts
of the house.

Big plans, shag all done!

Regards

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire