RE: Widescreen switching

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Widescreen switching
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 22:47:04 -0000

If the box doesnt have any switches then it is almost certainly a splitter
designed to feed one source to several TV's, monitors etc. Even when used
like that the picture will be poor as the video signals are incorrectly
terminated.

It sounds as if the two outputs are connected directly together. The reason
for no audio from the VCR when the DVD is off is that the output impedance
of the DVD is extremely low and is shorting the signal to ground.

As a minimum you need a box that performs a switching function.

Keith