RE: FW: Shop@Kodak DX3700 Digital Camera

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: FW: Shop@Kodak DX3700 Digital Camera
  • From: "J Starkie" <automation@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 20:41:16 -0000

This is what the mirror had to say about it in their out of this world
technology column (kellysi)

I sent a quick note to our local trading standards office tonight and
E-mailed Watchdog.  Still not had a dear John from Kodak but did get
confirmation
(Good luck and fingers crossed I hope the one camera I ordered in good
faith
turns up)

KODAK COCK-UP COULD BE COSTLY

WEB users thought they'd come across the digital camera offer of the new
year on Kodak's website at the weekend. A ?330 digital camera - the DX3700
-
for just ?100.

Bargain or a balls up? Sadly, it turned out to be the latter.

Customers bombarded us with calls and emails asking if Kodak had to honour
the offer, after the company told them it was "a hack by a disgruntled
employee".

Initially they were offered a 10 per cent discount on the camera, but now,
after hundreds of customers received purchase confirmation by email, Kodak
has been forced to consult lawyers.

And it insisted: "Customers could only buy the camera for 24 hours on
Thursday." And "only a handful" actually managed to buy it.
How then were we
able to buy one on Monday and receive email confirmation?

"A security flaw" said a spokeswoman, digging Kodak's grave even
deeper.
What other breaches have there been on kodak.co.uk?

We're sure Kodak will try to weadle its way out of this one, but we've done
our homework - these days a confirmation email is as good as contractual.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/kellysi/

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx