Re: Small Claims

Can we use a copy of the letter

Alancc
----- Original Message -----
From: musashi1977uk <musashi1977uk@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 8:02 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] Small Claims

I have spoken to our Corporate lawyers today and to Stoke-on-Trent
Trading standards about my DX3700 digital camera. The lawyers have
looked at the e-mail confirmation and confirm that there is a
contract of sale under english consumer law. Trading standards have
also confirmed that there is a contract of sale and have advised me
to:
1. Write to Kodak insisting that they fulfil my order as placed
(enclosing a copy of the confirmation e-mail).
2. If Kodak fail to fulfill their end of the contract then I need to
sue them in the small claims court for the difference between the
original contract price (£100) and the current offer (£329) which is
£229.

My letter to Kodak went in the post tonight and am awaiting their
response, in the mean time I will be going down to the Courts
tomorrow to get the relevant paperwork ready.

Simon Rafferty

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx