RE: 1-wire network

  • To: "HA Yahoo group UK" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: 1-wire network
  • From: "Ian Davidson" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 19:31:45 -0000

Hi

I'm also looking at the 1 wire stuff for temperature sensing, switch sensing and access control. Some of the cat5 runs I'm putting in are just for this. However if you read some of the Dallas articles on the lengths of bus etc to cover the entire house and have many sensors would be very difficult unless it is split into sub nets with the ds2409.

My idea at the moment is to have cat5e running from all areas back to node 0. Build a simple sub net switch with the ds2409 to enable each cat5 to be enabled / disabled. The software would first scan the bus for all 2409's and then turn each on in sequence and rescan to find each sensor on that sub net. Eventually building a picture of the entire network. If data alters on one of the sub nets a flag is set in the 2409 so by scanning the 2409's you can tell if you need to service that sub net.

The hub mentioned in an earlier post will allow for what I have mentioned although I think I will go a slightly different route.

I doubt I will have any time now until a few weeks after I have moved but if no one else has anything then I will start to put something together. I will need it myself and what ever I do I'll put the details on the net for anyone to use.

You can check the datasheets for the DS2409 (microlan coupler), DS2406 (i/p and o/p) and the DS1820 (temp) for more info.

Ian D

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor