Re: Homevision Schedule question...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Homevision Schedule question...
  • From: "andy_powell_is" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 12:05:40 -0000

Mark,

> I think that you're over-complicating things with this "extra 2
mins".
> What happens if the PIR triggers every 15-20 seconds while you're in
the
> room? the light could stay on for hours!

The PIR is an MS13E X10 wireless jobby, It has an off delay set at 1
min and (I think) won't send another ON unless it's gone off (if you
get my drift).. either that or it's just a little slow as I can get
>from
room) with only one 'trigger' occuring - and that's not running or
anything, just normal walking pace. additionally I'd like to add a
check for a max value - but I kept it out so that I could get the
initial routine going first...

The PIR and lamp are also located in the hall - so unless I'm
loitering I can't see it triggering too often....it's just sometimes I
will pass through the hall a couple of times - usually I get halfway
across when the light goes off... it'd be nice to get an extention on
the 5 minutes, but only if I'm to'ing and fro'ing...

Thanks for the HV schedule snippet thos... will look at it more
closely...

Andy

> Here are the appropriate bits from my HV schedule. I use an event, a
> macro and a timer as follows....
>
> Mine is slightly more complex as follows:
>
> - I only turn on the lights if it's after dark OR I'm on holiday
(set
> with a flag elsewhere)
> - I send stuff to the video screen, more as debugging output while
I'm