Re: OT Genealogy Software

On Monday 07 January 2002 23:11 pm, Matthew Norman wrote:
> I used Brothers Keeper when I did it..
>
> http://www.bkwin.net/

There's ALL sorts of stuff around ... personally I use a bit of kit called
Geneweb, it's a web based package, free (GPL) & well supported.

http://cristal.inria.fr/~ddr/GeneWeb/en/download.html

or have a look at my setup:

http://garner.smgsystems.co.uk:2317/grimshaw

It's not the easiest package to setup, but for me the built in web
functionality makes it the winner. Your local library will be your best
friend with Genealogy (and sometimes your worst enemy) especially when
looking at software to use. They should have quite a selection of packages
for you to try before you buy.

Feel free to contact me off list, as Genealogy is one of my hobbies.

--

Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@xxxxxxx>
Chief Operations Officer