Re: Re: quick advice for new home build

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Harrison" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2002 1:56 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: quick advice for new home build

> - An NXT transducer in your bathroom, which turns you bath into a
> loudspeaker

Good grief :-)  Actually...hmm...

That's the trouble with this list - you see things that appear outrageous
and then a few seconds later start seeing the attraction :-)

My tuppenny's worth is really only again to reiterate the CAT5 argument -
lots of it.  I'm retrofitting a small flat (2 floor, 2 double bedroom
duplex
thing) and the pain/hassle involved is quite large.  That's probably been
the incentive to double my CAT5 to be honest, shortly after I started.
I'll
end up with two sets of quad runs to both bedrooms, the kitchen and the
bathroom and 4 to the sitting room, each quad being accompanied by 1xCT100
coax.

When you take into account that at the moment I only really need 2 CAT5
sockets (phone & PC) in all but the sitting room (4 probably at
present),
you can probably appreciate the flexibility/expansion I'm building in.