Re: Protocol for infrequently used X10 commands ?

Luc Degrande wrote:

> Ant,
>
> I don't have detailed info on these but hail and status are not part
of the
> extended code.

That's right - they're standard codes. But they are 2-way, so I was
wondering if their addressing scheme was the same as the extended codes
- the latter is documented. Closer inspection shows that the extended
data contains an embedded unit code in the 'extra' data tho, so I guess
not.

> Status request works only with the TM12:
> A01
> AON
> ASR
> results in AS1 (Status on)

Did your TM12 respond with a unit address frame first e.g. 1110,A,1 then
1110,A,STATUS ON - or did it just reply with the 1110,A,STATUS ON frame?
I'm guessing the latter.

> Hail request is used to detect other X10 transmitters in
"listening range":
> AHR, BHR ....MHR all give the same result:
> AHA: Hail Acknowledge from house code A.

So you sent a HAIL REQUEST without addressing an individual unit first?
Interesting. So you can only 'ping' a particular house code, not a
specific unit.

> Looks like even these "infrequently used" commands are not
implemented as it
> should.
> Anybody knows other devices wich comply with these?

It's amazing that the bloody protocol works at all ;)

> Hope this helps a bit.....

Yep, thanks!

ant
--