Re: Protocol for infrequently used X10 commands ?

Ant,

I don't have detailed info on these but hail and status are not part of the
extended code.

I just tried it out with a TM12, CM11, LM12 and TW7223 with a 2 way
interface and get funny results.
I use a 2 way interface on the tw7223 and issue commands like:
A01
AON
to set A1 on.

Status request works only with the TM12:
A01
AON
ASR
results in AS1 (Status on)
A01
AOF
ASR
results in AS0 (Status off)
The addressed device sends these standard replies and continues to reply
to the status requests untill another device is addressed.

Hail request is used to detect other X10 transmitters in "listening
range":
AHR, BHR ....MHR all give the same result:
AHA: Hail Acknowledge from house code A.
There's no reply from the TM set to A or B.
This reply comes from the CM and looks strange to me (removed the TM to be
sure).
This might be caused by downloaded macros for house code A, thus I created
and
downloaded one for house code F but the result stays the same.
As I understand it:  a TM set to B should reply to all Hail requests with B
Hail Ack.

Looks like even these "infrequently used" commands are not
implemented as it
should.
Anybody knows other devices wich comply with these?

Hope this helps a bit.....
Luc.