RE: Conduit to run cable outside

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Conduit to run cable outside
  • From: "Ben McCormack" <ben.mccormack@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 14:04:25 -0000

Title: Message
Hi

Sorry for all of these questions, it is just that they have been building up for about 6 weeks, since i got into this stuff!!!

It looks like I am going to use some galvanised conduit from TLC.

I really don't have the need from CAT 5 throughout the house, it is only a 2 bed house and we do not want computer access in every room. The idea is to have the sound piped upstairs with IR coming down the same conduit at the front of the house.

I am going to get a Pronto to control the hifi downstairs and then use the old Denon remote upstairs for control.

So that is one side of the system, then we have the x10 stuff.

Looking to site a pc in the loft with Homeseer contrling the x10 stuff

3 applicance modules
3 lighting modules
1 mini-timer
1 CM12U
1 HR10
1 TM12 RF

We are going to use this to automate some lights etc

the only other problem that we arre having at the moment is with the TM12, it keeps hanging every day and needs to turned off and on and then it responds, help?

Finally i would like to use my IPAQ with a wireless network card, i noticed that you can now get a compact flash wireless card

http://www.un-wired.co.uk/acatalog/index_ecommerce.html - Symbol CF Wi-Fi 802.11b Wireless Networker for the PocketPC

Regards

Ben