MP3 Perfection..

  • Subject: MP3 Perfection..
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 23:00:13 -0000

Thought some peeps might be interested in some new AV stuff we have done.

We moved a pile of stuff to Node Zero..

Currently, our "music/video everywhere" system has four sources.
We have the
Sky Digibox, our W2K Server (to which I just added an SB128 and the
"spare"
ATI AIW 128), my old Ghettoblaster tuned to Clyde 1 FM (our radio station
of
choice) and our CCTV switcher.

These are all connected into a Craplins 6-way IR-controlled AV Source
Switcher, and the output of this is squirted into a Keene AV Distribution
Amp, Then out to the various locations in the house, via Cable in the
Walls.

Each listening location has an Amp+Speakers. The living room uses the Home
Cinema Speakers (IR controlled),and the kitchen,bedroom, and my desk in the
office use an AM12, with the volume etc at "set and forget"
levels that are
suitable for most anything.

The most recent addition, whihc is now just *so* good that it's already
well
stuck in, is the new way of using WinAMP. I installed Snowcrash, (
http://www.mp3pirate.com/snowcrash/
) an XML/HTML frontend for winamp, and
after some playing (it rocks, btw) tried altering the images, and XSL code
myself to make it look good at 800x600 on a TV. I came up with a very
"XP"
looking interface, whihc is great!

if anyone is interested, pop me a note (or reply here) and I'll throw the
files needed to mod Snowcrash up on a website somewhere..

Ian.