On the subject of dect.. Was BT Product Hunt....

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: On the subject of dect.. Was BT Product Hunt....
  • From: "Matthew Norman" <mafiu@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 21:43:50 -0000

My bro-in-law has experimented for ages with pcmcia wireless stuff and
finally got rid of it all in favour of a pcmcia dect modem which he puts in
his laptop and has found it much more reliable than the other wireless
stuff.  No use for connecting to your in house lan but great for the rest
of
the net.  What other funky dect stuff are they hiding..

(Although he was seen in public the other day with a bluetooth hands-(and
wire)-free headset for his mobile..  He looked like uhura...  And he's got
an Aibo that he tried to get me to get working on his wireless lan..
Unfortunately it wasnt the model where the memory card is inserted right up
the dogs bum..  That would have made the whole thing better...)

Matthew