Re: Re: HV Integration with Outlook etc?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Re: HV Integration with Outlook etc?
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 21:27:19 +0000

Oops... ignore my last message, - that'll teach me to read ahead!

Errr.... don't know is the simple answer. I don't know of any reason why it
shouldn't work... MAPI allows multiple connections, so even if ACE is
connected to the same mailbox, I believe it shoud still work....

best to try it & see....

PG.

wrote:
> > Nah Bollocks - forget Thursday - I've managed to dig it out
now....

> > Here is the script I wrote when I was testing the
functionality....

'******************************************************************
> > '* Daily alarm script
> > '*
> > '* Author: Paul Gordon (paul_gordon@h...)
> > '*
> > '*
> > '* This script is designed as a daily wake-up alarm, with a few
>smart
> > features derived from integration with an outlook
> > '* 2000 calendar. (Note: I have only tested it with Outlook 2000,
>it may or
> > may not work with other versions - YMMV)
> > '* It does the following:
> > '*
> > '* Opens a connection to Outlook 2000 - If outlook is not already
>running on
> > the PC, it will launch it, so It's advisable
> > '* to NOT use the "Prompt for profile" option of
outlook, -
>otherwise the
> > script will stall, (and eventually time-out)
> > '*
> > '* Finds all of the appointments and events on todays calendar
(if
>any)
> > '*
> > '* Checks to see if any of those calendar items are
"Holiday", and

'******************************************************************

'******************************************************************
> > 'Create Outlook, Namespace, Folder Objects and calendar Item, and
>then read
> > all calendar items into a collection.
> >     Set objOutlook =
CreateObject("Outlook.application")
> >     Set objNameSpace = objOutlook.GetNameSpace("MAPI")
> >     Set objFolder =
objNameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar)

'******************************************************************
> > 'Loop through all items with a Date of Today.
> >     For Each CurrentItem in MyItems
> > 	itemdate=left(CurrentItem.Start,10)
> > 	if len(CurrentItem.Start) = 19 then
> > 		itemtime=mid(CurrentItem.Start, 12, 5)
> > 		itemhour=left(itemtime, 2)
> > 		if itemhour > 12 then itemhour=itemhour-12
> > 		itemmins=right(itemtime, 2)
> > 		if itemmins="00" then itemmins="O clock"
> > 		itemtime=itemhour & " " & itemmins &
", "

'******************************************************************

'******************************************************************
> > 'check if I am on holiday today.
> > '------------------------------
> >
> > 'Note: the script only checks for the word "holiday" on
a single
>entry with
> > no start or end time.
> > 'Therefore, if you want the script to know you are on holiday,
you
>must
> > enter an "all day event" (no start time),
> > 'in your Outlook Calendar, with the word "holiday" as
the subject.
>(case
> > does not matter, nor do spaces), but do not
> > 'put any other words in the SUBJECT line of the calendar entry. -
>you may
> > fill in location etc. the script does not
> > 'check any other fields.
> >
> > if holiday then
> > 'Put in here what you want to happen if today is marked as a
>holiday.
> > '(in my case, I want to abort the script, and not sound my
wake-up
>alarm)
> > 	hs.writelog "Outlook test", "Today is a holiday
(according

'******************************************************************

> > 'Speak results to user, if any.
> > '-----------------------------
> >
> > 'Open a COM session to Winamp (Requires the WinampCOM plugin
>installed -
> > available from www.winamp.com)
> >
> > set WinAMP = CreateObject("WinampCOM.Application")
> > wstat="unknown"
> > t=WinAMP.status
> > if t=1 then   'winamp is currently playing
> >     wstat="playing"
> >     winamp.pause  'pause command is only issued if it is
currently
>playing
> > end if
> > 'hs.waitevents()
> >     If itemcount > 0 Then
> > 	If itemcount = 1 Then hs.speak "There is 1 item on your
>calendar for today"
> > 	If itemcount > 1 Then hs.speak "There are " &
itemcount & "
>items on your
> > calendar for today"
> > 	for a=1 to itemcount
> > 	    hs.waitsecs 1
> > 	    hs.speak strOutput(a)
> > 	next
> >     Else
> >         hs.speak "You have no entries in your calendar for
today"
> >     End If
> >
> > if wstat="playing" then   'if winamp was playing
before...