Re: Re: TiVo subscription ?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Re: TiVo subscription ?
  • From: john.benfield@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 10:52:47 +0000

=A0>What about the thumbs up/down.=A0 How well does  that work?

This works really well. I don't have a season pass for 'The Simpson',
however it has two thumbs up. I currently have around ten episodes to
watch. I also get around the 'Autoracing' problem (from my previous post)
by giving Autoracing three thumbs! The general rule of thumb (sorry), is
only to give thumbs up and not down. It appears that when you don't like
something, Tivo can be a bit aggressive about not recording certain type of
programs. ie if you give Emmadale a thumbs down, it might stop record all
soaps for you (not bad idea in my opion). This is not say that you cannot
record the soap, it just wont record them 'just in case' you might want to
watch them.

The main reason I give thumbs up to program is to get away from season pass
clashes. Basically The Simpsons clashes with too many other programs. The
new release of software will allow you to priorities your season passes to
get away from clashes.