RE: Re: Intelligent Light Switching - Thoughts?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Intelligent Light Switching - Thoughts?
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 09:53:25 -0000

> This still won't work for me Phil.  Take the case of the study I was
> describing - the room with the three hour timer.
>
> Say I walk in for a brief stay, I walk out turning out the light.  I
> walk back in half an hour later or whatever - the lights don't go on.

But when I walk out of my computer room I don't turn out the lights - I
let HV do that after the ten minutes timer expires.

> I see you are using a min-timer to turn yours off but for me that
> just complicates stuff.  It's just easier to control the lights with
> the wall switch in these type of rooms.

No it doesn't ... The mini timer was just a convenient controller but it
works just as well using a hard switch to an LD11.

I walk in and the light goeas on ... I walk out and it goes off ten
minutes later. I have been plunged into darkness maybe two or three
times since I've used that system of control and that's about it. It
works, requires no intervention from me other than if I don't want the
lights on when I'm moving about in there then I turn them off and they
then remain off until the end of the current "cycle" of
occupancy.

Phil