RE: TiVo subscription ?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: TiVo subscription ?
  • From: Mike Griffiths <mike@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 09:32:21 -0000

Mark

This is a basic flaw in the system

Unlike tape you quite often schedule to record different channels straight after each other.

This must then assume that the programme info is right as the box only has this info to go on to work out whether this is possible or not

When then a broadcaster deviates from its published schedule the end or start will get truncated

The new software enables you to buffer recording timed but this will then have the negative effect of not recording say

BBC1 8:30 > 9:00

ITV 9:00 > 9:30

As the buffer would not allow the 9:00 recording with a buffer set to 5mins

A problem you must have on SS as well

Mike