Re: OT : May well be a very dumb TiVo question

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: OT : May well be a very dumb TiVo question
  • From: simon rafferty <musashi1977uk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 23:56:36 +0000 (GMT)

A really wierd thing..I wired up that Loftbox I bought off you the other day and had to unplug my TV, sky digibox etc. When I connected my digibox to the TV (via scart) with no UHF loopthrough to the TV..No Sound from SKY only video via AV1 !!!. Connected the UHF lead  , switched to AV1, sound and picture !! Now that is wierd. I have tried everything, but it will not have it !! No UHF..No sound!

Simon

geraintuk <geraintwilliams_uk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I've hooked it all up as per the diagrams.

I use Pace Sky Digibox and a Philips TV. No VCR.

I get No Audio when on the Scart feed from Tivo. Works fine for the
beeps you get whilst setting up, normal tv ok, as is Sky when on the
same scart external channel.

I've looked through the setup menus, and can't see anything that
would need re-configuring.

Press the Live TV button and you get audio, but not via the Scart,
so something's not right. I've swapped cables to make sure I did not
have a duffer in the line, but still same issues.

I'm going to hook the TiVo up through the RCA sockets to a stereo
system in the room to see if the audio passes through to that.

Any ideas/thoughts in the meantime would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Geraint.

For more information: http://www.autom atedhome.co.uk

Do You Yahoo!?