Multimedia system at Currys - £399!

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Multimedia system at Currys - £399!
  • From: "andylaurence" <andylaurence@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 16:37:40 -0000

Just been into Currys (Cribbs Causeway, Bristol) and spotted an=20
excellent little system.  It's a Celeron 733 with 128MB RAM, and 10GB=20
HDD.  I couldn't get much more info on it.  It has a DVD-ROM drive=20
and is housed in a case looking like a low-spec DVD player (black).=20=20
It has a funky IR keyboard with a D-pad for mouse on the right and a=20
rocker switch on the left for mouse buttons.  There are a number of=20
multi-media buttons on the keyboard for play/pause, volume, etc...

The box has a TV out and also comes with a 17" monitor.  It's a=20
Fujitsu product (I'm off to search their site now), and has an LCD=20
display in the front showing what's playing.  The software is also=20
quite good - a nice little GUI to select audio/video/games... didn't=20
get much time to play as SWMBO was getting agitated, especially by=20
the colour.

All in all, it looked like it might be a nice all-in-one system, and=20
at under =A3400 is a good buy.  Luckily for me, SWMBO's brother works=20
at Currys - 10% discount :-)

Andy
--
PC-based multimedia system - now defunct!
http://www.andylaurence.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pcbmms