Re: Intelligent Light Switching - Thoughts?

> Has anyone done this? What's your setup and how have you done it?

PIRs wired back to Comfort. Comfort talks to HV via ACE telling it when a certain PIR fires.  HV runs a macro tied to that PIR which does the logic.

>As to the light sensor part:
> 1)  would I need just one mounted outside
> 2)  or one in each room (allowing more local sensing)
My PIRs are INside the rooms (there are ones outside but these are used for hall movement).

> 3)  is a simple switching type set at a predefined level OK or can you get a
> variable (analogue or digital) sensor that may be a bit more flexible

I use the Comfort light sensor.  It's either Dark or Not Dark.

I'd add that I only do automatic lighting in the following rooms...

Kitchen
Utility
Downstairs Hall
Upstairs Hall
En-Suite (only in Night Mode)
Exterior Lighting

Because a PIR only detects movement and not occupance it's best suited to these areas where there is constant movement.

M.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor